**IF YOU ARE INTERESTED - PLEASE KEEP READING**
The following is quite thorough but we want you to understand what you are getting yourself into before you choose to contact us.
**You must be at least 18 years old, and be able train at the studio a minimum of 4 days a week for 6-12 months from Open to Close**
First and most important above all else, our team and energy of our studio is extremely important to us. We are looking to grow our team, and find others that will fit what we have been striving to grow. And to continue giving our amazing clients that type of feel of a studio that they love and are comfortable with.
*If any studio member is made to feel uncomfortable, you’ll be gone quick. We must respect each other, first and foremost.
The apprenticeship will have an upfront cost of $500. To show us that you are actually committed to this education that we’ll be providing. Our time is valuable, and our knowledge and experience has taken us many years to hone our craft, and we’ll be handing over this knowledge of our skill and trade to you. Which will provide you with an amazing, and very well-paid career.
You are going to have to like to communicate with people. You will be spending a lot of time with people one on one. This can definitely be one of the most rewarding parts of being a piercer - becoming great friends with your clients! Getting a new piercing is very intimidating, and scary for most people. Our job is to make them comfortable and educate them.
Do You Have An Eye for Details? Yes, this can be learned but you really have to be able to pick out details that the average person may not. This is especially true when it comes down to anatomy and placement. You need to visualize how the jewelry will look and fit into the area around it. Also what jewelry will look best and fit.
5. This is an Apprenticeship Leading to Employment - It is a long-term apprenticeship that will lead to working as a sub-contract at the studio. As you progress in your apprenticeship, you will begin to make a percentage of the piercing fees on each piercing you do. All supplies will be provided by the studio.
6. At first you will not be piercing, and NOT be paid. You will learn the ins and outs of the studio, organizing a lot, cleaning a lot, learning how to set up and break down areas and respecting and understanding the body piercing process.
7. The length of the piercing apprenticeship depends on you. If you are motivated and can spend more time at the shop you will finish sooner. The amount of time you’re willing to read and research what we provide, and then show your knowledge will move your forward.
8. We do require you become Bloodborne Pathogen Certified before beginning your apprenticeship. (If you are accepted) We will provide you with the links and our provider of choice after the interviews are complete and we pick our piercing apprentice.
9. And last but not least you will need to provide us with letters of recommendation, and references.
Thank you for taking the time to read this!
If you are interesting in a Body Piercer Apprenticeship with us then please fill out the form below!